Every business needs marketing and startups are no different. We all receive countless offers from various companies (some domestic, some overseas) that guarantee they can get us on the highly coveted "Page 1 for Google". How can they guarantee that? What are some things I should be on the lookout for? Is it a scam? Which companies are legit and which are not? Can I learn Online Marketing and do some of it myself? Should I just use Google Adwords to drive traffic? We'll discuss all of this.
We'll also cover:
- Are there "safe" ways to market online?
- Didn't Google just change their search algorithm again?
- What does that mean to my rankings? ...or my current SEO results?
If we are going to build a great startup we need to address this. We can't just hope "if we build it, they will come". Let's put a strategy together to build traffic today.
This meetup will be divided into 3 sections:
- Fundamentals of Online Marketing - Learn the basics so you can improve your results right now and if you are going to hire someone it's better to know what you are talking about. Learn how to put together a strategy right now on how you can start building traffic right away.
- Great Practical Usable SEO Tips - Learn from an experienced SEO person what things you should know and should look out for. Also take away at least 3 great tips to improve your rankings right away.
- Open Mic - Let's get a status update from the local startups on how they are doing.
- Interns! - We're going to learn about the Intern Program over at COC (called CWEE) and how we can use it to build our startups.
Food & Drink will be served