addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southeast Michigan Mahjong Message Board › Mahjong Taikai 3 at Anime Central

Mahjong Taikai 3 at Anime Central

Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 4

Mahjong Taikai 3 at Anime Central. http://www.acen.org...­

This year, the Tournament will be round elimination based. There will be 16 seats available, divided into 4 tables. The top 2 players from each table will proceed to the next round. Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 players in the Tournament.

The rules for this Reach mahjong tournament is as follows:

Japanese Standard rules.

===

For the Finals table:

* Closed Simples
* Aka Dora ~ 2 red 5 pins only
* Cannot pon, if first opened with a chi
* Warame enabled (The person's wall that is broken in the deal; if he wins, gets payed double, if someone ron off of him, he pays double)
* Yakitori(-20,000 pts if a player hasn't won a hand during an entire game.)
* Paarenchan (8 consecutive wins from a dealer, 9th round any hand is yakuman)
* No Ato Zuke ( Hand must already contain yaku to become tenpai)
* Double Ron enabled
* If a Dealer deals more than 2 turns, than 2 yaku is required to go out.
* Yakuman bonus (+30,000pts)
* Kan of aka dora (+3,000pts)

Again. These custom rules will apply only at the Finals table, if you make it there. :D
Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 5
By the way, I'm part of the Chicago area Riichi group.

https://www.facebook....­

As you can see, we're hosting a mahjong tournament over at ACEN. Of course, Freeplay will be available too, for those who want to play, but not compete. So, if anyone here is planning to attend ACEN, feel free to swing by.

:D
Brian M.
p014k
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 11
Wow. I came to the discussion board to post exactly this thread. You beat me to it ;) :D
Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 9
I've processed the results data as best as I could. Unfortunately for the first 2 rounds - I've failed to account the Riichi sticks, regarding point transactions. But, at least, there's still the hand values to report. Likewise, the data on the Finals match: I managed to acquire an accurate points record as well.

And good games, man. Good games.