addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southeast Michigan Mahjong Message Board › Youmacon 2013

Youmacon 2013

Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 18
Well, after my attendance to JAFAX a couple weeks ago, I have decided to make it a point to hit up Youmacon this year.

By any chance, is there anyone in this group interested in running a panel and/or scheduled mahjong event? From the turnout in ACEN a couple months ago, it was helpful in getting new players, as well as teaching new people.

So, if anyone is interested in doing a mahjong panel, let me know. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and schedule one myself. It's a fun thing to do, y'know.

:3
Steve
sdaugie
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 8
There are a few of us that wouldn't mind doing a panel... although it may be too late to schedule one. I was about to post about Youmacon myself and it turns out I missed this message because I was in Japan when you posted it... tongue

At the very least, we should be trying to shore up some interest in playing (either in the atrium or the game room) on the forum starting now, so people that are interested have time to browse and hopefully find our post and come by for a game or instruction if they want to learn. I ran into a few mahjong players last year and a couple of passersby did join our games. It was fun, but expanding our player base and getting more people interested will be even better.
Adam
akilleen
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 42
I totally missed this when it was posted for some reason.

I'm sure it's too late to do a panel, but I think getting some interest in playing would be great. I'm thinking the atrium would be a good spot. I'll see about printing up some materials and signage to make ourselves noticeable.
Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 19
Hehe yea. I never bothered to follow up with convention staff about any kind of scheduled mahjong event. However, so far, two people from the Chicago group will be in attendance to Youmacon. I'm still up in the air, but I really do want to go. I may be able to get one more to come along.
Al
user 31467962
Morton Grove, IL
Post #: 20
Hehe. Great games.

The mahjong set up we had for the Saturday: that's what we came to travel to Youma for. It was nice seeing 3-4 tables active, in the midst of other Youmacon activity all around.

Great games. We'll do this again sometime. :D
Adam
akilleen
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 43
I was pretty blown away by the amount of tables going too! I'm glad you guys came out. If you are ever out this way you're more than welcome to come to a game!