Who has not thought about selling at least some of their images as stock photos? On January 21, 2014 Justin Horrocks will talk to us about "Photography for Stock Photo Suppliers"
Brief History of Justin's path to full time stock photographer:
• Started earning .10 cents per download (royalty free license sales)
• First $100 earned around March 2004.
• With minimal effort, started earning $100/month by end of 2004.
• 2005 - “The Light” goes on - more effort = more sales. Prices at iStock rising, artist exclusivity offered with promise of higher royalty earnings. Game on.
• 2007 - received “quit your day job” email from iStock, announcing acquisition by Getty Images and promise of higher earnings. I quit my day job.
• 2008 - purchase commercial space and converted to photo studio and started producing images like crazy.
• 2009 - reached a quantity of sales that earned myself the #6 spot in the top 10 earning contributors.
• 2010 - reached pinnacle of earnings. Without divulging exact numbers, I he is making a full time living doing stock photography.
This should be a great opportunity to hear about how it's done!