SEMPO NY Working Group invites you to join us for “Search meets Social – Advertising”, a discussion with Facebook, LinkedIn, and MTV on how search marketers can exceed their customer acquisition goals via social network ad campaigns.
In a world where people are tuning out advertising in favor of personal recommendations, harnessing social media at scale is a must for marketers. The “earned side” of social media is important, but “paid media” is quickly entering the social media stage and search marketers are better positioned than anyone to act on it.
“We enable effective word-of-mouth advertising at scale for the first time." -- Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook's Chief Operating Officer.
We will hear directly from representatives of two major social networks, and learn firsthand how marketers are structuring their campaigns.
• The emergence of Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and other emerging social ad channels,
• How the ecosystem is evolving and scaling, and
• How search marketers and others can tap in early to this huge opportunity.
• Don Steele, VP, Digital Marketing at MTV
• Brett Wein, Sales Director at Facebook
• Dale Durrett, Director, Eastern Region Marketing Solutions at LinkedIn
• 7:00 - 7:30 > Networking over drinks and eats
• 7:30 - 7:45 > Housekeeping/announcements
• 7:45 - 8:45 > Presentation and Q&A from our panel
• 8:45 - 9:15 > Follow-on Conversation; Networking over drinks and eats
* Search Marketing Technology firm Conductor sponsors the drinks and eats, and once again a huge thank you to Yahoo for graciously hosting the event.
Admission: $9.99 (to the SEMPO New York Working Group event fund)
Yahoo! - Times Square Conference Room
111 W 40th St, between 6th and 7th
New York, NY 10036