Senior Researcher sought by a major auto manufacturer's Silicon Valley research lab.
Within their group investigating intelligent computing, you will work on projects that aim to personalize the driving experience and minimize the need for driver interaction with advanced systems. This lab is dedicated to improving the safety and comfort of the driving experience. This firm has brought numerous innovations into mass production — this is your chance to help bring artificial intelligence into the motor vehicle.
Successful candidates will...
- have a broad understanding of research trends and enjoy applying them to the solution of real problems. They willappreciate the opportunity to propose solutions that will influence future vehicle designs.
- relish involvement throughout all phases of a research project, from exploration of concepts to construction of prototypes to integration with existing systems.
- view research as a community endeavor, both externally and internally. They will seek opportunities to raise the profile of the lab and improve its success via collaboration with outside organizations. They will demonstrate leadership by coaching and teaching other researchers and by helping to create conditions that facilitate project success.
- Work concurrently on several assigned projects, as well as supervise individuals working on those projects
- Develop and evaluate prototypes that demonstrate viability of research ideas and relevance to existing products/business
- Present research opportunities, status, and results clearly and efficiently to clients, in presentations and reports
- Publish and present research outcomes at academic and industry conferences
- Competitively evaluate potential technologies for meeting research goals
- Suggest and pursue collaborations appropriate to meeting project goals, such as in development of algorithms
- Travel as needed, including internationally, to present results or work with collaborators
- Plan research projects and suggest resources whose acquisition would facilitate meeting project goals
- Suggest product-oriented applications of research technology
- Prepare invention disclosures
- Considerable experience creatively performing and/or applying research; PhD preferred
- Documented ability to describe research results by writing and presenting technical papers
- Broad knowledge and experience in multiple areas of artificial intelligence, preferably including ontologies, with emphasis on machine learning and personalized experience
- Proficiency in mathematics underlying statistical approaches to artificial intelligence
- Experience identifying and analyzing research data appropriate to the solution of research problems
- Proficiency with technology underlying computer networks and the internet
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Programming experience with Java and C++
- Strong planning, time management, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to respond professionally in various situations
- Experience taking charge of research projects, preferably involving direction of other researchers
Contact for inquiries:
high-tech-recruiting at genetius.com