You're building a web app and you're confronted with a multitude of choices every day. Does my homepage's copy sound weird? What's someone's first 10 second impression of my app? Should my button be green or yellow?
Using Mechanical Turk and Rails, I will show you how you can perform usability tests, A/B testing and gain valuable feedback on your site BEFORE launching your app to a single real user. A few a content creation techniques will be discussed as well.
We'll cover :
1) How to setup a HIT with the simple Mechanical Turk requester interface.
2) Sample code for quickly integrating your Rails site with Mechanical Turk
3) How to structure your HITs (Human Intelligence Tasks) so that you solicit detailed feedback from the workers.
4) Performing A/B tests; what can be measured and what cannot
5) Techniques that will stop bots from corrupting your tasks
6) Quick content creation; soliciting stories and images from Mechanical Turk Workers
* You won't need to know Rails in order to gain benefit from the techniques given at this talk.