addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SF Pet Chicken Meetup Group Message Board › Egg-laying hen on antibiotics: Would you eat the eggs?

Egg-laying hen on antibiotics: Would you eat the eggs?

A former member
Post #: 10
Hello,
I am new to the chicken-raising world and one of my hens is on antibiotics (Sulfatrim, 1cc 2x day) for some injuries she sustained in her former home.
Does anybody have experience giving their chickens antibiotics?
Some people say her eggs are fine to eat, others say I should not eat them and further should wait 2 weeks after the antibiotic cycle ends to begin saving & eating her eggs.

Thanks