addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Francisco Screenwriting Group Message Board › Full Screenplay Review - Tues,1/19

Full Screenplay Review - Tues,1/19

Howard G.
user 6772237
San Francisco, CA
I'm emailing this to everyone who RSVP'd YES for this Tuesday.

I have posted my screenplay "The Senator" up in the Files section of the meetup page.  We had an incredible response to this meetup, the first full event in over a year.  I was hoping to have a few more people offer their full feature screenplays for the first meeting, but I know a few members were concerned about copyright and other issues with posting their scripts online.  So I'll suggest a few options.

1.  Download and read "The Senator" by tuesday' meetup.  As proposed, we'll discuss the screenplay in the group and table read a couple of selected scenes.

If anyone else has a script ready to go, I'm more than happy to substitute it for this week.  Just let me know by Saturday night, so that people have time to read it.

2.  We could try a full screenplay table read at the meeting, though in my experience these can take a at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get through.  If you'd prefer not to post your script online you could print several copies to read, though that also tends to get expensive.

3.  We've had a few suggestions for reading longer segments, in the 20-30 page range.  We could reserve this and future monthly meetings for table reading one to two long sections as opposed to five or more ten-page segments.

4.  We can run this week like a typical scene review meetup.

Please share your ideas and feedback on this, either on the event page or via e-mail.  Feel free to bring pages as always if you have them, as I think there's a good chance we will get to a few Tuesday night.

See you all then,

Howard