In this month’s Ableton user group meeting, come learn the fundamentals of sound design! This workshop will teach you sound design techniques related to audio manipulation and processing. Ableton Certified Trainer Lenny Kiser will show you how to get creative with audio samples, loops, and Ableton’s built-in audio effects to design new sounds.
Here are some of the techniques we'll cover:
- Layer sounds to create tension-building SFX
- Create bassline pitch glides using an 808 sample
- Add modulation effects, such as the chorus, flanger, and phaser
- Create movement in sounds with automation
- Use time stretching to create interesting vocal effects
- Apply EQ and reverb to blend sounds together