addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SFBay Apache Lucene/Solr Meetup Message Board › How Rackspace Now Uses MapReduce and Hadoop to Query Terabytes of Data

How Rackspace Now Uses MapReduce and Hadoop to Query Terabytes of Data

Tim R.
user 11318279
San Mateo, CA
Post #: 1
A few months back I attended the lucene meetup at salesforce.com in SF. There was a presenter from Loggly (hope its spelled correctly) there. At the time I didn't have a good understanding of the need for such a product or how the idea would have come about, I'm pretty knew to lucene, solr and the like.

Any way I found this article and now I see the light, you can see from the article how the Rackspace guys morphed a solution to fill their log search needs. Now it totally makes sense to me what the Loggly guys are
up to.

How Rackspace Now Uses MapReduce and Hadoop to Query Terabytes of Data

enjoy,
Tim