This isn’t your normal hiking group. It's got a refreshing twist. Events are typically very close to SF (~1.5hr max), have a beautiful view, and finish with a fun bar (or pop-up bar we create) for celebratory socializing. We’ve collected an impressive list of beautiful spots to unwind after a hike. Nothing beats the reward of a drink and snack after a good workout in the sun, so everyone is encouraged to hang out afterwards, get to know your fellow hikers, and share your favorite trails.
We also want to keep the hikes fun, so we’ll limit the group size, help you organize a carpool, and make it easy to meet people. A lot of us are new to town or just want to expand their circles. Oh, and we'll also take you camping :)
So, who should join?
• You’re a nature fan and love escaping the city on the weekend to go hiking. And camping!
• You love meeting new people - this is important, we're all pretty social
• You love relaxing with a drink after a good workout on the trail
• You’re an explorer, and want to learn about new trails, viewpoints, bars, and places to socialize that are off the beaten path
What you can expect?
• ~3 hour, moderately strenuous hikes around 5-7 miles. You will gain elevation, stretch hardly-used muscles and sweat a little
• Hikes that are closer to SF with later starts (we need some weekend time to relax, too)
• Ending each hike by getting together at a bar or spot in nature to have a drink and meet each other
• Some non-hiking events to sprinkle in, like fires on the beach
• Friendly, outgoing people who love to share their favorite hikes
• Happy-hour-themed camping trips! It's tough to find and book camping spots, but we have a great list and will book for you. And take care of things like meals and even tents. See this video (https://youtu.be/x0P1lrzqTqc) of our first trip
Check out our first 5 hikes for photos and example of what's in store for you:
Lastly, a few words from the legal dept. to make sure we all act like adults and have *safe* fun :)
Liability Disclaimer: The organizers of this meet-up are unpaid volunteers and not expert hiking guides. All participants agree to assume 100% responsibility for their own safety, conduct, and well-being and recognize that possible hazards exist while participating in outdoor (or any other) activities, and agree to participate solely at their own risk. If you RSVP “Yes” and/or attend any of our events, it shall be conclusively presumed that you understand and agree to this policy.