Indonesian and Thai cuisines have been influenced by the Chinese since centuries ago, so it only makes sense that we start expanding beyond eating at simply just Chinese eateries.
Always up for a good bowl of curry laksa, and this relatively new eatery, that serves up some basic Indonesian/Kalimantan and Thai noodle and rice dishes, offers their own take of laksa. Aside from laksa, we'll sample their Indonesian crispy chicken with coconut rice dish as well.
Yelp Reviews: https://www.yelp.com/biz/singkawang-cafe-el-monte
• We will meet in the lobby of the restaurant shortly before they open at 11:00 am. Please do not be late! If you are running late and do not contact me, I will assume you won't be showing up and will not save a seat for you. This will avoid any delays for the group to be seated promptly.
• Cost per person is expected to be about $20 to $30, depending how much food we order, and if you order any beverages, plus tax and gratuity. Please bring at least $40 in CASH (small bills preferred) on hand to settle your portion of the bill.
• Parking is available in their own private lot. Street parking is also an option. Be sure to check the signs and meters for any parking restrictions.
AS A COURTESY TO THE ORGANIZERS, Please...
1. If you need to cancel your RSVP, please do so 24 hours of the start time of the event.
2. New members to the group who No Show to their first event will be banned from the group. That's not the 1st Impression we want from our members.
3. If you are on the Wait List, then it is YOUR responsibility to monitor your status on the Wait List and update your RSVP accordingly, if necessary. and not me. I am NOT your personal assistant.
4. If you do not provide me with your contact number at the time of signing, then your RSVP will be canceled.