Come get some morning fitness with 6 miles and over Kennesaw Mountain
We are STARTING IN THE OVERFLOW PARKING LOT (because parking is easier...and we get to walk more), and meeting at the entrance to that parking lot. We will walk past the visitor center where we can use the bathroom facilities. We will hike over Big and Little KM and then around the east west trail.
This is an intermediate hike. The hard part is in the beginning getting over both big and little kennesaw mountain. We will take our time. Then when we hit the flats we will pick up the pace. We will be only climbing OVER the mountains one time. I have allowed 3 hours but probabably closer to 2.5.
Required Items to Bring: water, Possibly rain gear, snack...hike will cancel if pouring
For more info: Barbara[masked]
As this is a local hike there is no carpool but if you live on the east side of town we can carpool from the Starbucks in Georgetown shopping center ONLY if you let me know in advance.
Do not sign up if you are a chronic canceller.
Dogs on a leash ONLY....the whole time.
How to Get There: You are NOT going to the visitor center...do not follow the exact address below. Look at the map and this is the coordinates for the overflow parking lot....
33°59'06.8"N 84°34'59.2"W[masked], [masked]
Event Directions: 1) I-75 North to exit 267B Hwy 5 Canton Road Connector
2) If you are not heading west after getting off of the Interstate you are going the wrong way. You should be heading towards US 41 and downtown Marietta after getting off of I-75 onto the Canton Road Connector and see Kennesaw Mountain on your right.
3) You will be tempted to take the first exit off of the Canton Road Connector which is US 41, but do not take it. Proceed over US 41 on a bridge staying on the Canton Road Connector.
4) After crossing US 41 take a right at the first redlight which is Church Street Extension.
5) You should cross railroad tracks soon.
6) Take a left onto Old 41 at the second redlight. If you get to US 41 again, you have missed the turn onto Old 41 so turn around.
7) Park in the overflow parking lot farther down the road on the left.