Don't miss this rare opportunity to see all five Academy Award nominees in the category of Best Live Action Short! This year's program will be hosted by last year's winner: Luke Matheny, writer/director of "God of Love."
- "Asad" (South Africa/USA), a coming-of-age fable of a Somali boy who is faced with either falling into a life of piracy, or choosing the path of an honest fisherman.
- "Buzkashi Boys" (Afghanistan/USA), the story of two best friends—a street urchin and a blacksmith's son—who struggle to realize their dreams as they make their way to manhood in war-torn Kabul.
- "Curfew" (USA), in which Richie, at the lowest point of his life, gets a call from his estranged sister, asking him to look after his nine-year old niece Sophia for the evening.
- "Death of a Shadow" (Belgium/France), in which a strange collector imprisons the shadow of Nathan (Matthias Schoenaerts, Rust and Bone), a soldier who died during World War I, and gives him a second life against 10,000 captured shadows.
- "Henry" (Canada), in which Henry, a great concert pianist, has his life thrown in turmoil the day the love of this life, Maria, disappears mysteriously.
Official Web Site
It is recommended you pre-purchase tickets in case the event sells out.