484 West 43rd Street, Suite 41E, New York, NY
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R to all our members and friends!!!!
GREETINGS, STSANY SINGERS, ACTORS & INSTRUMENTALISTS of ALL AGES and LEVELS of Experience!
STSANY welcomes NEW MEMBERS, FIRST-TIMERS, Pros, Non-Pros, Semi-Pros and invited GUESTS to this workshop and all those to follow. Singers, actors, instrumentalists, dancers and all types of performers are welcome in our group!
Come to our next workshop on Tuesday, January 24. (Dates and times are subject to change.) Invite your friends and colleagues!
RSVP Deadline: Sunday, January 22, at 10:00 p.m. Workshop Fee: $15, exact amount at the door.
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the meetup, as elevators are busy at that hour. Be on time, as workshops start promptly at the time given.
• NOTE: If you would like to perform at our upcoming Music on Sundays informal musicale and potluck reception (TBA), you must attend at least one workshop before February. Others TBA.
• IMPORTANT! PLEASE ADHERE TO OUR RSVP REQUIREMENT: If you RSVP and decide you cannot attend, be sure to change your RSVP to "no" by one day before the workshop as a courtesy to your organizers and fellow members! We're all busy, and scheduling is difficult. Thank you!
Be sure to read all the details, AND scroll down to learn about us, what we do, REVIEWS, check out our website page, etc., and learn what you can gain from attending workshops.
• FYI: STSANY is a non-profit cooperative creative arts group. While we do not charge annual dues to our members, we would appreciate your donation of any amount to help pay our annual operating and fiscal sponsorship expenses. You may make a tax deductible donation to us through our fiscal sponsor at: https://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=5865
• VISIT STSANY'S FACEBOOK PAGE! Tell your friends and colleagues to give a look and RSVP for events: https://www.facebook.com/SingersActors/?ref=page_unpublish
• Affordable Workshops and Private Lessons help you improve your performing skills and find the joy in performing They help you solve your stage fright and raise your self-confidence, as well as give you the opportunity to try out your songs, monologues and instrumental pieces in a friendly, helpful atmosphere. Members have the chance to:
LEARN singing, acting, interpretive and instrumental techniques - PERFORM in showcases, concerts, informal musicales, plays and musicals - MEET, NETWORK & SOCIALIZE with other members - ATTEND SOCIAL EVENTS & PERFORMANCES together, and VOLUNTEER to participate in outreach events around the City, which is incredibly rewarding!
You know the old joke about how to get to Carnegie Hall? (Practice! Practice! Practice!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189Zm69kt10 - Well, you can practice at STSANY workshops, so RSVP! Seize the day and begin to realize your dreams of performing!
Photo: STSANY volunteer performers in their original play with music, "Looking for Christmas," which they performed at the Cancer Center at Sloan Kettering Hospital in December, 2015. Left to right: Christine, Sheri, Lourdes, Elsa, Jessica and Reginald.
What to bring to all meetup workshops: (Please read, carefully!)
• Singers: VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Bring 2 copies of 2 contrasting songs of any style (entire sheet music) in the right key for you. You can transpose songs online at "Music Notes."
• Actors: Bring 2 copies of 2 contrasting monologues, poems or recitations.
• Instrumentalists: Be prepared to play one or two contrasting pieces of any style. A baby grand piano is waiting to accompany you, if you require it!!
• Contact me with any questions.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO RECORD the meetups for continued learning and inspiration!
• PRIVATE LESSONS are offered from 11:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m., by appointment, on weekdays/nights, and on Saturdays (sometimes Sundays) from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Member discount cost: $75 for 45 minutes. (Non-members: $85). Discounts available to those in need.
TO read about STSANY's GOALS and reviews, click on pages and read below: http://www.meetup.com/SOMETHING-TO-SING-ABOUT-IN-NEW-YORK/about/
To see and hear members perform, please VISIT and SUBSCRIBE TO our youtube channel by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlmaMusica/videos?view_as=public
Be inspired and live your DREAMS! Carpe diem!
(NOTE: Let us know the best days and evenings you could attend workshops, including weekends. We will try to accommodate you! FEEL FREE TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO ATTEND A WORKSHOP, to participate or observe. Spread the word!)
All the best,
Founder-Director, STSANY since 2010
Founder-Director, Flor y Canto Chamber Ensemble since 1998
NYU Vocal Faculty from[masked]
REVIEWS and Comments by STSANY members, fellow performers and event audience members:
Here's to all mentors and grandparents in our lives, and to you. I'm gratefully conscious of YOU, as friend, colleague, supporter, patron of the arts and lover of life._____Libby Skala, writer and performer
Had a lovely time! I felt welcomed and enjoyed meeting everyone there. Everyone was friendly and this made me want to come back again.____Rick, STSANY member who attended our Getting to Know You! event at Jacques Torres
Anna Bartos is not only a superb singing teacher (she knows her music), she is an equally excellent coach,which is a rarity among singing teachers. I found her instruction of enormous value.___. P. Vincent, NYC actor, playwright and STSANY showcase performer.
It was a wonderful session w/a warm, knowledgeable & insightful instructor & in great company!____Allyson, Member, STSANY
You should all attend this meetup whether you are experienced or a beginner (like me). You will be able to discover something so unique and wonderful about yourself with this group. I can guarantee it! _____Chels, Member, STSANY
Amazing event. Thank you, Anna for holding the musicale. I am also glad to meet new singers.___Saadat, Member of STSANY
What a delightful surprise! Congratulations to Anna, a real pro, and an impressive mentor to a diverse array of talent. The 'meet-up' seems to be a real resource for both the performers and those of us in the audience. Keep up the good work!____Mary Jay, Seasoned Senior Performer
It was a privilege to work with Anna Bartos on this 9/11 memorial concert. ___ Moshe Knoll, Professional Classical pianist.
For more reviews, check out PAGES in our browser.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.