2014 SPS Atlanta Celebrates Photography Show
The Southeastern Photographic Society (http://spsatlanta.org), with our event sponsor, Avondale Estates Tudor Square (http://www.aetudorsquare.com), is very pleased to announce a SPS member-only exhibit during the 2014 Atlanta Celebrates Photography (http://acpinfo.org) (ACP) festival. This show is open to all paid members of SPS (http://www.meetup.com/SPS-Meetup/pages/Joining_the_SPS_Family). The event will run from September 14 through November 8, with an opening reception the night of September 27. We hope you will take advantage of this perk of SPS membership and this great opportunity to show your work in an ACP show. See the details below or contact [masked] if you have any questions.
Exhibit runs from September 14, 2014 to November 8, 2014
June 6 - Participants must have paid their 2014 dues by the June meeting to participate in the show
June 30 - Entries and entry fees must be received
July 15 - Notification of accepted images will be sent via email
September 13 - Deliver framed photographs to Tudor Square between the hours of 8AM and 12PM
September 27 - Opening, 7PM-9PM
November 9 - Pick up images at Tudor Square between the hours of 10AM and 4PM
Theme: “Light Up My Soul”
Juror: John Mariana
1. Entry fee is $25. Registration is limited to all 2014 paid members of SPS (as of June 6). In order to register, RSVP to this Meetup event and submit your entry fee via Pay Pal (this is handled during the Meetup registration). Registrations must submitted by midnight, June 30. If you are not a paid-member of SPS and you RSVP to this event, your RSVP will be cancelled.
NOTE: Your Meetup profile MUST contain both your first and last name and must indicate that you are an SPS Member in order to register for this event.
2. After successfully submitting the entry fee, you may submit up to four (4) images via email submission to [masked] . Submissions must be made by midnight, June 30.
3. The email submission MUST have a subject line as follows:
SPS ACP SHOW Entry for Photographer’s Name
Image file names must be in the following format:
where Photographer-Name is your name with hyphens for blanks, IMAGE-TITLE is the image title and # is the image number, 1 to 4 of this image for entry.
4. Entries must conform to the SPS digital competition submission guidelines (http://www.meetup.com/SPS-Meetup/pages/Sizing_your_image_for_digital_competition) except where overridden in these rules. Image title and date of image must be listed for each image number.
5. There is no restriction on age of print or when the original exposure was made, however, images may not have been shown in any previous SPS show
6. This is a public exhibition in a commercial event space; while there are no specific restrictions on images, we ask that only“family friendly” images be submitted (“No Nudes”)
7. This is a juried show; not all images submitted may be included in the show; all decisions of the juror and the SPS Executive Committee will be final. A maximum of two (2) images per member may be included in the show.
1. All varieties of photographic papers, including fine art papers and canvas gallery wrap, are acceptable
2. The minimum size of the print, not including matting and framing, is 320 square inches, calculated by multiplying the height of the print by the width of the print
Height of 16" X Width of 20" = 320 square inches
Height of 18" X Width of 18" = 324 square inches
Height of 12" X Width of 30" = 360 square inches
3. The maximum outside framed dimension on any side of completed work may not exceed 48". Note that frames are often specified by their internal dimensions; however, the maximum size for framed images in this show is measured against outside dimensions of the frame.
4. Except for gallery wrap canvas prints, all images must be framed, in a black frame (minimum of 1 inch width) under glass. Images must be matted with white, off-white or cream colored mats, with a minimum width of 2 ½ inches.
5. Mats may have a black core. Mat core colors other than black are NOT acceptable. Multiple mats, such as double- or triple-mats, are acceptable but must be white, off white, or cream colored. An accent mat under the top mat is acceptable. If used, an accent mat must be black (only black) and must not exceed 1/4" in width.
6. Images must have eye hooks or flat hooks (“D-rings”) of at least 3/8" on each side of the back of the frame. Images at Tudor Square will be hung on vertical wires to the hooks rather than a hanging wire on the frame; best results are achieved with hooks approximately 4" down from the top of the frame.Ready to hang images must be delivered to Tudor Square between 8am and noon, Saturday September 13.
7. Each framed or stretched canvas photo must have the following information on the back:
• Photographer’s name and contact information (phone # and email address)
• image title
• selling price
8. Images must be picked up at Tudor Square between 10am and 4pm on Sunday, November 9.
Tudor Square, Avondale Estates
119 Center Street, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
Note: Due to limitations of the gallery space, you must drop off and pick up your print (or arrange for someone else to do so for you) only at the date and times listed. They cannot accommodate drop-offs at other times and cannot store your print after the scheduled pick-up time.
Members can offer their images for sale. Tudor Square (or their agent) will process sales transactions and take a 30% commission. Purchased images must remain in the show until November 9.
The event will be marketed in the ACP catalog, on the SPS Meetup site, and via announcements to the 1600+ members of the SPS Meetup. A flyer will be available to SPS members in PDF format.