Holiday Pot Luck
Join your SPS family and friends for our annual Holiday Party Potluck Dinner and Awards Banquet! There will be doors prize drawings for members, awards from competitions throughout the year and our Member's Choice competition!
SPS will supply meat trays, a tasty ham and turkey, cold patters, soft drinks, water, and coffee. We'll look forward to you bringing along a favorite dish, salad, side, or dessert to share. Note that we do not have cooking facilities but we can plug in your crock-pot or warming tray. Please be sure items that are supposed to be warm are pre-heated and frozen items are completely defrosted.
Be sure to RSVP if you're coming so that we have an accurate idea of the number of folks to expect. This year we are limiting attendees to 96 this year due to space constraints.
Member's Choce Competition
The Member’s Choice Competition should represent your best work of the past 2 years. Here are the rules and procedures:
• Only paid members are eligible to enter or vote. If you are not a paid member, this is a great time to join! Membership now covers you through 2020 at $40 for individuals. You can register as a paid member for 2020 here and be entered for 2 special drawings at our January meeting.
• The only category for December is "digital projection" – no prints.
• ONE ENTRY PER MEMBER.
• There is no theme – any subject matter is welcome. (Don’t forget this is a family event.)
• Your entry may have been seen in competition earlier the past two years. It doesn’t matter if you’ve entered it, or if it placed or not. This is some of your best work.
• Email your entry to [masked] . Be certain that the subject of the e-mail contains the word "COMPETITION."
• Make sure your file is in jpeg format and submitted as an attachment, not an embedded image. Be sure to include your name and the title of your image in the body of the e-mail. Also, please make sure that your image does not have your logo or other watermark on it.
• Entries for this competition must adhere to the 9:00 p.m. "WEDNESDAY night (12/4) deadline. "No exceptions".
For more detailed information on preparing and submitting a digital submission, go to Complete Competition Rules (http://www.meetup.com/SPS-Meetup/pages/Complete_Competition_Rules/) and scroll down to Rules Applicable to Digital Projection Entries.
Images will be projected throughout the meeting. We will lower the lights at some point to give everyone a look in their full glory. Members will receive a ballot with their name tag.
We’ll also recognize the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each competition category for 2019, based on the points system outlined in our competition rules. We’ll also be awarding our "Photographer of the Year".
We look forward to having you join us.