In this data-driven talk, Scott Allman will look at software testers from three very different perspectives:
* What do employers want software testers to do? He analyzed hundreds of job postings.
* What do certification programs think software testers ought to do? Several course abstracts were summarized.
* What do thought leaders forecast we will be doing? Presentations from dozens of conference papers were analyzed.
Old-timers may recognize that a similar survey was done in 2014. Recent data will be compared with old data to look for trends.
Takeaways: Happy New Year! Let’s start the year with new views about our profession.
* If you are a manager, or team lead, come and hear what is popular nowadays, and what is not so much.
* If you are a practicing tester, get new ideas to round out your skills.
* If you are looking for a new testing job, learn about the many facets of software testing.
During the talk your questions and observations are welcome.
Speaker BIo: Scott Allman is a long time SQuAD member and popular speaker at software testing conferences. He has taught dozens of classes on software testing at the university level and through the international community, the Association for Software Testing. Currently he practices his chops as a Senior Software Engineer in Test at a large company which has a large office in Boulder, Colorado.
Agenda - January SQuAD meeting
4:00-4:30 Networking with the SQuAD community. Food and chat.
4:30 Announcements and job openings
4:40 Monthly presentation
5:40 More networking. Monthly meeting ends at 6:00
Happy New Year. SQuAD looks forward to seeing you in 2019!