addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

St. Louis 3D Printing Meetup Group Message Board › Building a Printer

Building a Printer

Garrett B.
user 122920362
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
I'm new to this group, and I'm hoping to build a 3D printer for my parents as a gift to thank them for putting me through college. The printer I'm hoping to build is the Eventorbot (http://www.instructab...­, an open-source printer that fits a lot of my criteria.
I was wondering a few things. Does anyone have any experience with this printer, or know someone who does? If so, how much did you/they spend on the materials?
The catch 22 of this project is that to build the printer, I would need 3D printed parts. Would anyone be willing to look at the 3D printed parts list and quote me your price to print them? My only concern is keeping the price as low as possible, so if you have some ugly colored filament you hate that would be more than okay.
-Garrett