Like our name implies we ride on Sundays; primarily because there is much less commercial traffic, farm implements and other motorcycle groups on the road.
You will find many members of our group are also in other Meet-Up groups. We are not here to compete with them but rather we offer an alternative weekend venue.
You will also find, that by design, our group is intentionally small. We are not, nor do we want to be a "mega-group". Camaraderie and rider familiarity diminishes exponentially as the size of the group grows. We want to keep the group focused on riding with members with above average skill levels, and similar interests and safety philosophies.
• All motorcycle brands are welcome! Sorry; no Scooters or Slingshots.
• Riders should be experienced, have established riding skills and be familiar with group riding protocol.
• Our group rides will be 6 to 8 motorcycles and well managed.
• We're not going to scrape pegs or dive into corners at break-neck speeds.
• We're not going to bar-hop or get tangled up in large group rides.
• Our rides will be leisurely but at a spirited pace. We'll maintain speeds within the legal limit.
• Most rides will be in SW Wisconsin and SE Minnesota on roads you're probably familiar with. There are occasional rides up 'nort . Overnight rides are rare.
• Rides will generally start at 9 and end around 5 and be about 250 to 300 miles in length. Early and late season rides will be shorter.
• Participants can leave the ride at anytime; just be sure to make your intentions known to the ride leader beforehand. This will prevent a lot of angst and save a lot of time looking for you. This is a major inconvenience for the entire group.
• Pit stops and gas stops are planned and lunch stops will probably be at some local dive we've all been to before.
• We're not going to be intentionally riding in the rain, snow, sleet, hail or gravel roads. But sometimes shit happens. Unless otherwise noted, all routes are 100% paved at the time of posting, however seasonal road work cannot be predicted.
• Participants are welcome and encouraged to recommend ride and/or lunch destinations.
• This group is not social in nature but we encourage lasting friendships on and off the bike. We do not promote or condone alcohol consumption while participating. Illegal drugs are verboten!
• We subscribe to ATGATT and request that members and guests do the same.
• Unless otherwise noted, guest riders who are not current members of the Sunday Riders are welcome to attend provided they are properly licensed, insured, acknowledge our liability release and comply with our helmet and riding gear request as well as refrain from alcohol and/or drug consumption.
• Guest riders must be guests of, and accompanied by a current member.
• There are no dues.
• We will be selective in the vetting process of all potential members. This is for the safety and well being of all members.
Please note that participation in this group is voluntary and limited to the discretion of the organizer.
Hope to see some familiar faces as well as lots of new ones!