"We are a No Frills Motorcycle Riding Group; not a Social Club. Riding well maintained motorcycles in a safe and responsible manner is our primary focus".
Like our name implies we ride on Sundays, primarily because there is much less commercial traffic, farm implements and other motorcycle groups on the road.
You will find many members of our group are also in other Meet-Up groups. We are not here to compete with them but rather we offer an alternative weekend venue.
You will also find, that by design, our group is intentionally small. We are not, nor do we want to be a "mega-group". Camaraderie and rider familiarity diminish exponentially as the size of the group grows. We’re not out to set attendance records. We want to keep the group focused on riding with members with above average skill levels, and similar interests and safety philosophies.
Our routes, rides and itineraries are designed to be rewarding for riders with a wide spread of skill and experience. However, because the roads we follow are often technically challenging and can include some long-distance days, some of our rides are NOT recommended for beginners. We request at least three years of licensed road riding experience, or 5,000+ miles of saddle time. This amount of road craft helps ensure your enjoyment and safety as well as the safety of fellow riders. The pace of our escorted rides is always appropriate for the riders. If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to contact me prior to registering.
IF YOU ARE A NEW RIDER OR INSECURE ABOUT YOUR RIDING SKILLS OR ABILITIES, THIS GROUP MAY NOT BE FOR YOU.
• All motorcycle brands are welcome! Sorry; no Scooters, MoPeds, Slingshots, Skateboards or Three wheeled thingies.
• We're not going to bar-hop or get tangled up in large group rides. Not our style.
• Our rides will be leisurely but at a spirited pace. We're not going to scrape pegs or dive into corners at break-neck speeds. Day rides will generally be about 250 to 300 miles in length. Early and late season rides will be shorter.
• Participants can leave the ride at any time; just be sure to make your intentions known to the ride leader beforehand. This will prevent a lot of angst and save a lot of time looking for you. THIS IS A MAJOR INCONVENIENCE FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP.
• We're not going to be intentionally riding in the rain, snow, sleet, hail or on gravel roads. But sometimes shit happens. Unless otherwise noted, all route roads are 100% paved at the time of posting, however seasonal road work cannot be predicted.
• We do not promote or condone alcohol consumption while participating. Illegal drugs are verboten!
• We subscribe to ATGATT and request that members, passengers and guests do the same.
• Unless otherwise noted, guest riders are welcome to attend provided they are properly licensed, insured, acknowledge our liability release and comply with our helmet and riding gear request as well as refrain from alcohol and/or drug consumption. Guest riders must be guests of, vetted by, and accompanied by a current member. You are responsible for your guest.
• Members of other MeetUp motorcycling groups are welcome to ride with us; contact me for details.
• There are no dues.
• We will be selective in the vetting process of all potential members. This is for the safety and well-being of all members.
Please note that participation in this group is voluntary and limited to the discretion of the organizer.
Hope to see some familiar faces as well as lots of new ones!