BigDataCamp takes place the night before the O'Reilly's Strata Conference. We invite anyone interested in Big Data to join us for a lightning talks, lively discussions, finger food, and a frosty beverage or two.
What is BigDataCamp?
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related Big Data technologies to exchange ideas in a loosely distributed format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with community-proposed topics, including Lightning Talks & Unconference Sessions.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
Schedule: Monday Feb 25, 2013
5:30pm - Registration, Finger Food & Networking
6:00pm - Welcome, Thank-you & Introductions - Dave Nielsen
6:15pm - Lightning Talks:
- "Elephant in the Cloud: How-to optimize Hadoop in the cloud" - Sadiq Shaik of Qubole
- "Making impossible use cases possible: Pluggable Sort in Hadoop" - Keith Kohl of Syncsort
- "Big Data for Entrepreneurs and Investors" by Bruno Aziza of SiSense
- "Monetizing Math: Algorithms as a Product" by Andy Bartley of algorithms.io
7:15pm - Organize Unconference
7:30pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 1
- "Comparing Big Data Solutions" by Renat Khasanshyn of Altoros
- "Big Data on any Cloud" - Nati Shalom of Gigaspaces
- "In-Memory, Big Data and Hadoop" by Eldad Farkash of SiSense
- "Real-time, Big Data" led by Eric Tschetter of Metamarkets
- "Agile Data as Big Data Analytics" led by Russell Jurney
- "Big Gaps in Big Data" led by KRS Murthy
8:15pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 2
9:00pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 3
9:45pm - Wrap Up (1 minute summary of each session)
10:00pm - Drinks? Marriott Hotel Bar?
Organizer & Facilitator:
Dave Nielsen of Platform D
- To volunteer, email [masked]
Follow us at http://twitter.com/bigdatacamp
Register for O'Reilly's Strata Conference using discount code BDC20 and get 20% off your pass
Thank you to our supporters:
Tag Cloud based on Topics Proposed During Registration
access alternatives analysis analytics architecture aws based batch best business case cloud computing data distributed exists file financial flume full future getting going graphs hadoop hdfs important language learning management map-reduce mining models nlp nosql practices predictive processing real-time report social solutions storage structured system text used visualization wants web
Topics of interest from attendees:
Real-time BigData & lots more