Silicon Valley Perl Message Board › Seeking solid Perl Developers for 2 roles available immediately in Redwood City!
|A former member||
I have 2 roles currently available for Perl Developers in Redwood City. The job descriptions are included below. If you are interested please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Perl Developer - Web Applications
In this role you will be a member of the team that works within web application design and development. At this position, you’ll gain a strong understanding of the domain of a cloud call center, and apply sound engineering practices (like design docs, design reviews, code documentation, code reviews and unit tests) to solve technical challenges.
• BS degree is required
• 8+ yrs professional experience in building web applications a must
• Solid programming experience with Perl required (currently utilizing Perl 5.8, but knowledge of Modern Perl, Moose is a plus)
• Solid understanding of web technologies - HTML, XML
• Solid understanding of Apache required (v1.x and v2.x)
• Working Experience with sql - mysql required or another relational databases
• Ability to develop on Linux operating systems
• Mason experience a big plus
• Ruby experience a big plus
• Looking for self starters who are very committed to the quality of their work
• Individuals with the ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats is required
• Must be highly motivated, flexible, passionate and a self-learner
Platform Sustaining Engineer with strong Perl
In this role you will be a member of the team that owns the design and development of the real time reporting (UI, analytics, performance) and grid computing (Hadoop - Map/Reduce, HDFS) systems.
These systems will be part of our core data & grid management infrastructure. At your disposal are all of the facilities of Linux, Perl , Java, open source workflow management libraries and job queuing systems, as well as libraries developed in house. This is an excellent opportunity to own a large, critical chunk of the overall system, and flex your ability to build a highly available, scalable, distributed system application.
You’ll gain a strong understanding of the domain of a virtual call center, and apply sound engineering practices (like design docs, design reviews, code documentation, code reviews and unit tests) to solve technical challenges. You will play a key role on a strong engineering team, and collaborate effectively on core code libraries and code sharing techniques.
• BS degree or equivalent in engineering discipline is required
• 5+ yrs professional experience in building commercial applications a must
• Solid programming knowledge of Perl required *(currently using Perl 5.8) (Java, C++ desirable)
• Knowledge of JMS (ActiveMQ), J2EE desirable.
• Solid understanding of database fundamentals essential.
• Working Experience with sql - mysql required (Advance sql highly desirable.).
• Knowledge / interest in data analytics a big plus.
• Knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP) and web protocols - http, https required.
• Ability to develop on Linux operating systems with good concepts of system level programming in unix
• Must be highly motivated, flexible, passionate, self-learner
• Hadoop and Cloud experience a plus
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from anyone who is interested. email@example.com