addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Worldview Evangelism TIps - Wanna see how xtians will approach you and others?

Worldview Evangelism TIps - Wanna see how xtians will approach you and others?

Anyse J.
Anyse
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 96
Here is a site I read about in Utne this morning. It is a site that counsels xtians on how to approach people who are not xtian: other religious believers as well as non-believers are included. It is a hoot to read these "guides" for evangelists!

http://www.dare2share...­
Ernest A.
user 14253462
Salt Lake City, UT
Post #: 1
Here is a site I read about in Utne this morning. It is a site that counsels xtians on how to approach people who are not xtian: other religious believers as well as non-believers are included. It is a hoot to read these "guides" for evangelists!

http://www.dare2share...­

Their "answers" are laughable, they don't answer anything. They answer doubts about the bible by quoting the bible? They think a testimony is an answer, to what?

They advise asking "Do you really seek to discover the truth?" Well, yes, that's why I'm an atheist. My question is, are you willing to go where the evidence leads? Jeez.....

Thanks for the link.
Melody S.
user 13896176
Davis, CA
Post #: 4
My favorite part is the advice to "try to work what is called 'Paschal's Wager' into the conversation - which goes something like this: It makes more sense to believe in God than to not believe. If you believe, and God exists, you will be rewarded in the afterlife. If you do not believe, and He exists, you will be punished for your disbelief. If He does not exist, you have lost nothing either way."

how about, if he does not exist, and I live my life in fear of him, I have lost my freedom! i'd rather believe that even if I am wrong and there is a god, he will judge me based on my actions and not on what i choose to believe in order to be rewarded in the afterlife. that i choose to be rewarded in this life, by being good just because being good makes the people I am good to happy, and that makes me happy!