addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Sacramento Freethinkers, Atheists, & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Book list for 2017!

Book list for 2017!

Roberto L.
rleibman
Roseville, CA
Post #: 37
January
The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice by Christopher Hitchens, 128 pages
Oryx and Crake, by Margaret Atwood, fiction, 389 pages
February
Misquoting Jesus by Bart D. Ehrman, 242 pages
March
The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself by Sean Carroll, 480 pages
April
Davey's Savior, by Timothy Savage, fiction 340 pages
May
A Field Guide to Lies: Critical Thinking in the Information Age, by Daniel J. Levitin, 304 pages
June
Fighting God: An Atheist Manifesto for a Religious World, by David Silverman, 304 pages
July
Out of the Flames: The Remarkable Story of a Fearless Scholar, a Fatal Heresy, and One of the Rarest Books in the World, by Lawrence Goldstone and Nancy Goldstone 372 pages
August
Small Gods, by Terry Pratchett, fiction, 400 pages
September
The Secular Conscience: Why Belief Belongs in Public Life, by Austin Dacey, 269 pages
October
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, by Yuval Noah Harari, 464 pages
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 849
Pretty sure I won't get to all these in 2017, but it's an excellent reference resource and I shall save it for that purpose. Thanks for sharing.
Janet O.
Whoopsidaisy
Roseville, CA
Post #: 12
Roberto- Many thanks for cultivating what appears to be a fascinating list of reads on topics of interest to non-believers (though one always hopes everyone would enjoy them for the sake of conversation). Can I link this somehow to our Sunday Assembly-Sacramento website? I know we have many persons there who would find this interesting but aren't linked to SAC FAN. Also, we would love to have a "prepared" book report given in person if you would like to show up one Sunday. We meet on the third sunday each month at 11 am.
Roberto L.
rleibman
Roseville, CA
Post #: 38
Janet,
I'm not sure if you were asking if you could, as in I gave you permission (in which case, yes, absolutely, my pleasure!) or if you can link to it technically (in which case it should be relatively easy, but I believe David Diskin owns those groups in meetup and Facebook, I'll drop him a line asking him to link.)
I'll have to think about the book report thing, and I'll ask during the book club meeting to see if anyone wants to give a report.
Dan
DanFiske
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 1
Yay! Exciting booklist. Thanks see you in January.