addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Freethinkers Atheists & Nonbelievers (FAN) Message Board › Atheist Stuff: Youtube, Blogs, Websites etc.

Atheist Stuff: Youtube, Blogs, Websites etc.

A former member
Post #: 12
JRChadwick
user 8927967
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 2
Yes, I did know that. He is also a moderator on AdromedasWake's new web board. Don't flood his inbox, though.

http://www.leagueofre...­
JRChadwick
user 8927967
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 3
I've never been able to finish one of his videos. He is just too crude for me. He also fits the fundamentalist views of atheist which is why VenomFangX liked making videos about him.
KLJ
KLJcomedian
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 4
I have one that I update every Sunday, Atheist Church, and also whenever I get something stuck in my craw.
I haven't been attacked by votebots yet but I've had some lovely death threats complete with Angel Of Death imagery. :D
I'm at http://youtube.com/kl...­
Bakari
user 2418735
Elk Grove, CA
Post #: 5
http://www.thinkathei...­ ThinkAtheist is pretty active Internet site.

Also, here's a good article that members might be interested in: Americans are fleeing religion as atheism surges
GaryA
GaryA
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 10
Article
Article on young americans being less religious than their parents.
GaryA
GaryA
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 11
pets left behind!
An atheist is offering a pet-care service for the pets left behind by the christians who get picked up in the rapture... no he isn't hiring.
he also wrote a book:
The Atheist Camel Chronicles
A former member
Post #: 25
Podcasts that I subscribe to are all mainly skeptic podcasts. Two of my favorites you listed above, Skeptics Guide to the Universe and Skeptoid. Neither are atheist podcasts but both are skeptic, critical thinking, and promotion of science podcasts.

Other related podcasts I subscribe to are:
Afternoon Tea with Richard Wiseman
Double Meat Podcast
For Good Reason
MonsterTalk
Point of Inquiry
Sasha's Den of Iniquity
Skeptic Zone
Skepticality
The Skeptics Guide 5x5
This Week in Science

Blogs I follow are:
Bad Astronomy Blog
Halfway There
James Randi Educational Foundation
Respectful Insolence
Sacramento Area Skeptics
Science-Based Medicine
Skepchick
Skepticblog
Sky Mall Hates You
The Blog of Phyz
The Rogues Gallery
Thoughts from Kansas

I contribute to both Sacramento Area Skeptic and Sky Mall Hates You.

Mark
Markcus
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 3
Another good youtuber Evid3nc3.
his channel can be found here

He has a very moving series (if you can watch the whole thing) about his deconversion
here
David J.
user 6514874
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 34
Markcus,

I checked out your suggestion. His videos are very, very good. I believe these videos show a compassionate side to Atheism. His explanations of the psychological aspects of belief and religion makes the religious person easier to understand and takes away the vilification of the religious that some atheists have.

I watched several of his youtubes and would like to share them with some others. In asking for that from members of FAN, it seems to me that there are particular qualities to his perspective that would be attractive for some to view. Its been a long search to find something like this. Thanks for putting this on the discussion board.

For those out there that are looking for material that reconciles Spirituality and non belief, I would "argue" that this series can assist in that exploration. I call myself a Spiritual Atheist. Spirituality is not the exclusive domain of religious or believers. It is the emotional side of the healthier more balanced individual.

While a lot of good discussion is had about the inconsistencies in the bible and the odd, irrational beliefs of believers, there is more for us to understand by using the science of psychology and having some compassion for the individual who is handicapped by inadequate education and the limitations of dissempowerement caused by spiritual abuse. This abuse is often cause early in childhood and because critical thinking skills are never learned, the individual is stuck in an immature stage of development.

Likewise, development of the intellect can be overly developed and relied on in an imbalanced way to forestall emotional and spiritual development. I would say that I am developing these now. In balancing these I am finding much more satisfaction and appreciation for life in general. I believe this youtube series can open the doors for the typical Atheist to learn something. I think it can create more balance for our Meetup and offer some very positive alternatives to religion.

Is anyone else familiar with this?

Try watching this: http://www.youtube.co...­