addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Animal Rights Meetup Group Message Board › Foie Gras Protest, Sat., 8/4, 6pm, Presidio Social Club, SF

Foie Gras Protest, Sat., 8/4, 6pm, Presidio Social Club, SF

Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 395
Note that signs, banners and leafltets will be provided. All that is needed is you. ========================================­=========

Please join United for Animals' Foie Gras Fight in protesting the Presidio Social Club's use of cruel foie gras on Saturday, August 4th from 6:00-7:30 p.m.

What: Protest Foie Gras Cruelty at Presidio Social Club
When: Saturday, August 4th from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Where: Presidio Social Club, 563 Ruger Street (by the Lombard Gate), San Francisco, CA
RSVP Here: https://www.facebook....­

On July 14th, the Presidio Social Club began serving cruel foie gras in defiance of the California foie gras ban. After feeling some heat by the Presidio Trust, neighboring restaurants and consumers, they pulled foie gras from their menu, but they are continuing to serve it.

SFist called the Presidio Social Club and spoke to the manager. When asked if they planned on serving it this week, they replied, "Yes! We just got it in today ... It needs preparation, but it will be available at the earliest by tomorrow."

The Presidio Social Club believes (incorrectly) that they are exempt from the California foie gras ban as they are located on federal property. California's ban on the sale of products from force fed ducks is prohibitory, not just regulatory, meaning it can be enforced in federal enclaves like the Presidio.

Please join United for Animals' Foie Gras Fight in protesting Presidio Social Club's use of cruel foie gras on Saturday, August 4th from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.

The Presidio Social Club is located at 563 Ruger Street (near the Lombard Gate) in San Francisco.

Signs, banners and leaflets provided.

To learn more about foie gras, please visit www.stopforcefeeding.com.

The ducks need you. Please be there for them. Stand up in support of the California foie gras ban
Sabine
tamesabine
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 113
I am a french teacher and french seem to love to eat anything that has a face including horses, ducks, etc. I have a book which shows how senseless they seem to have been traditionally unconcerned with what they do to the animals and consider their cuisine to be the finest in the world. Fortunately, change is slow when your cuisine goes back to such a tradition for thousands of years.

I was really glad to see that finally a law has been passed that educates people on what this "traditional" dish really is. By the way, pate is also made of foie gras, which means fattened liver in french, but I myself didn't really know what that meant literally for the ducks (although, have never eaten it myself).

Thanks for educating us on what food really means! Education gives people the option to make responsible choices and the knowledge of the consequences if they don't.

How can we get these laws expanded around the country and the world?