Another fun walk with the California Native Plant Society coming up! This walk focuses on plant ID of native plants rather than edibilty aspects
Springtime blooms will ease the first half has a sunny 500 foot climb through manzanita. We hope to see Sonoma Sage, Pitcher Sage, Fritillaria, Manzanita and Ceanothus in bloom. There are restrooms at the trailhead. Bring water, sunscreen, snack and hat.
Meet at Skunk Hollow River Access at the north end of the Salmon Falls Bridge. It’s about 30 minutes from Sunrise and Hwy 50. $12 for parking or State Park Pass. In the past there has been limited free parking along the shoulder of Salmon Falls Road on the south side of the bridge. Allow an extra 10 minutes driving if planning to use the limited free parking (no promises on free parking).
Driving directions from Sacramento.
- Travel east on Highway 50
- Take exit 30B -El Dorado Hills Blvd.
- Drive north on El Dorado Hills Blvd. for about 3.5 miles to Green Valley Rd.
- Continue north crossing Green Valley Rd, and El Dorado Hills Blvd becomes Salmon Falls Rd.
- Continue on Salmon Falls Rd about 6 to the Salmon Falls Bridge
- Cross the bridge and turn right into the Skunk Hollow parking area.
Go to Attendee List