Automating Power BI Creations - Angel Abundez
Since Power BI was released four years ago, Power BI, Office 365, and Azure have added significant automation capabilities. To stay informed, you need to learn about the most recent capabilities and what they mean to you.
Angel will present a wide-ranging overview of the data refresh setups common to Power BI data sources, going from DIY to more advanced scenarios that need IT support. Whether you’re automating reports for your department or for the enterprise, there’s something here for you.
You'll learn how to:
* Set up your datasets in Excel and Power BI to be automated
* Refresh data from files hosted on SharePoint, One Drive, and REST APIs (CSV, Excel, JSON, etc)
* Pull data from on-premises and cloud data sources using the latest capabilities of Power Apps, the Power BI Service, and Azure
* Automate your Power BI analysis in PowerBI.com, One Drive, or even your O365 mailbox
* Work with cloud databases such as Amazon Redshift, Azure SQL DB, and Snowflake
Angel Abundez (VP, Business Intelligence, DesignMind) leads the Solutions Architecture team at DesignMind, helping design and build world class data-related systems. His expertise includes Microsoft SQL Server BI tools, Power BI, Azure-based database services, and Tableau. His team develops Proofs of Concept, Pilots, and highly scalable production systems. Angel co-leads the Bay Area Microsoft Business Intelligence User Group and the San Francisco Power BI User Group. He speaks at Data Analytics events throughout the U.S. and writes for SQL Server Central. He is a graduate of Cal Poly SLO with a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
Angel's Twitter, LinkedIn and Blog pages:
Robert Half Technology
Sacramento SQL Server User Group: