Needs a location
Join us on a fat incinerating, body toning Powerhike...Pike!
On a slightly hilly segment of the paved American River Parkway trail in Folsom we’ll do the following one hour workout routine in the following order:
1. 5 minute slow, warm up walk.
2. 50 minute fast walk during which time we'll perform the following alternating dumbbell/walk routine (we'll perform the dumbbell exercises while walking fast):
* 2 minute alternating standard bicep curl then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute reverse alternating bicep curl then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute tricep extension (one minute per arm) then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute one arm behind the head tricep extension (one minute per arm) then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute neutral grip alternating overhead press then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute alternating front raise then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute alternating boxer punch then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute upright row then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute alternating lateral raise then 3 minute walk.
* 2 minute walking lunge then 3 minute walk.
3. 5 minute slow, cool down walk.
Participants have the option of performing some or all of the exercises and for the entire two minute period or for less than two minutes. The total distance is around three miles. This outing is more of a workout than a hike and everyone will be expected to keep up with the group. Bring two lightweight (3-8 lbs.) dumbbells (available at Wal-mart, Target, Sports Authority); workout shoes/clothes recommended. No dogs. Rain cancels.
Meet at the Iron Point Rd. Light Rail Park & Ride in Folsom (from east or westbound Hwy. 50 take the Folsom Blvd. exit in Folsom, turn left, go ½ mile, turn right onto Iron Point Rd. and take the first right into the long/narrow parking lot located right on the corner of Folsom Blvd. and Iron Point Rd., across the street from the light rail station and beneath Chili's restaurant).