addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sacramento Valley Permaculture Guild Message Board › Carpool Saturday Free Event Calif New Farmer Academy Center for Land Based

Carpool Saturday Free Event Calif New Farmer Academy Center for Land Based Learning, Winters 12/3 1-4pm

A former member
Post #: 7
I want to organize a carpool to a free information session this Saturday at the Center For Land Based Learning in Winters.

California Farmer Academy - is a 6 week program - nights and weekends for busy working folks. It starts in January.

The average age of California farmers is 58 years old. They are retiring baby-boomers and many of their grown kids don't want to farm professionally. A grant from California Dept of Agriculture has funded Center for Land Based Learning to train new farmers. California creates $20 billion a year in speciality crops, fruits, vegetables, nuts, olives, etc - but there is a shortage of family farmers. There is a considerable amount of federal funding from the USDA and California State Dept of Agriculture to give low interest loan and FREE GRANT money to new, start-up organic farmers. Google "Greenhorns" for more info.

Center for Land Based Learning
5265 Putah Creek Road
Winters, CA 95694

530-795-1520 for more information

Please RSVP to Jennifer@landbasedlearning.org

Please mention you are from Sacramento Permaculture Guild

To contact me to set up a carpool (I don't have a car - I need driver) 448-7841

Colleen Whalen
A former member
Post #: 7
As I just started with this group, I was wondering if they were going to have this event again? If so Please let me know.