- Bike Ride Creve Coeur Park/Katy Trail
Location: Creve Coeur Lakehouse (https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2160%20Creve%20Coeur%20Mill%20Rd.%20%2C%20St.%20Louis%2C%20MO) 2160 Creve Coeur Mill Rd. , St. Louis, MO The Plan: Be ready to roll at 6:00 PM sharp! Riders: Ride from Creve Coeur Park at the Lakehouse to either Old Town St Charles or the Greens Bottom or Pittman Hill trailheads on the Katy Trail and back. Expect the ride to last about 90 minutes at a moderate pace (12-15 mph). The riding surface is a mixture of paved and hard-packed gravel trails. Post Ride Social: For those that are interested in sticking around afterwards, we will heading into the Lakehouse for a casual post ride social. ;-) What to Bring: • A well maintained Road, Cross, Hybrid or Mountain bike (anything on two wheels and has pedals). If you haven't ridden your bike in a while, consider taking it to a local bike shop for a tune up. • Water - water bottle or hydration pack • Helmets are mandatory • Lights, if you have them • A great attitude! :-) We may cancel the ride if it rains, temperature is below 50 or above 95, or less then 5 people going. Directions to Creve Coeur Lakehouse: From Hwy 70 Exit 231A Earth City Expy. South/ Maryland Heights Expy. ****Past the first Creve Coeur Mill Road (North Intersection)*** Left on Creve Coeur Mill (South Intersection) You will then cross under Page / 364, to Lakehouse on Left From Hwy 270 Exit at Olive Blvd. West 2 miles Right on Creve Coeur Mill Road Follow Creve Coeur Mill Road to Lakehouse on the Right From Hwy 40 Exit 19B Olive / Clarkson / MO 340 East on Olive 4. 6 Miles Left on Creve Coeur Mill Rd Follow Creve Coeur Mill Road to Lakehouse on the Right
- Hike Pickle Springs and Hickory Canyon
We will hike some of the most scenic trails in Missouri. We will hike at Pickle Springs and then at Hickory Canyon. Bring water/Gatorade to drink. You may want to bring a snack. We will hike at a slightly slower pace than usual to take opportunities to take pictures. For those that want to eat lunch with the group after the hike we will be eating at: El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant 1210 Sainte Genevieve Ave Farmington, MO 63640. The following are directions to the trail parking lot at Pickle Springs. Take 55 South to exit 150. Turn right on Hwy 32 West Travel approximately 16 miles and turn left on Hwy AA. Travel approximately 1 1/2 miles and then turn on Dorcas Road. (Gravel road) Trailhead parking lot will be on the right.
- May Birthday Celebrations ~ April showers bring May Flower Babies!
Happy birthday to all of us May Flowers! You do not have to have a birthday this month to attend, it is all about spending time with friends. Durean and I happen to share the same day of birth and I will be welcoming the half century mark. Bring a tasteful game to play and a smile. The 3rd floor will be reserved for the celebration. You will responsible for your food and drinks and remember to tip your server well, they work hard to make sure all of us are happy with everything. I have always had excellent service at Trailhead. Please include in the comments if you are also a May baby so I know who we need to include in the toast. NO GIFTS....instead, donate to Terry for the money he puts into this wonderful group each year on his dime. We couldn't enjoy all of our fun and friendships without him!!!!
- Walk new town, eat and listen to music
We will meet at 5 outside padavans restaurant. Walk new town for approximately 1 hour, eat at one of the new town restaurants and then listen to the police tribute band at the amphitheater (music starts at 7 if you just want to hang out for the music) Bring coolers and lawn chairs.
- Kayak Rental people-Creve Coeur Lake-Kayak fun!
• Sign up for this one if you are RENTING a kayak. If you have your own kayak, that will be a different event. What we'll do: Let's paddle around the Lake and get comfortable in a kayak. It is first come, first serve, open to the public too. Cost is $10 first hour, $5 each additional hour. We will paddle off to the left, where there is a "river-like" channel. Must be 18 or older and provide photo ID to rent. You must be 18 years old to sign the release of liability, or your legal guardian may sign for you. A liability release can be found on this website under “Release of Liability”. Each time your teen comes they need a new release. The under age teen may come without a parent if they have the signed release with them. Siblings over 18 may not sign for younger siblings. Enjoy being on the water? • Rent one of our kayaks, canoes or paddleboards. • Life jackets and basic instruction provided. You shouldn't really get wet, but you are in a kayak on the water, so, you might want to bring extra clothes in your car and a towel! If you can't make this event, I will be posting more. • What to bring • Important to know
- Your own kayak group-Creve Coeur Lake-Kayak fun!
• Sign up for this one if you have your own kayak. Sign up for the other event if you need to rent! What we'll do: Let's paddle around Creve Coeur Lake. Bring a life jacket! Meet by the rental area to meet with the rest of the group. • What to bring • Important to know
- First Tuesday of the month "Open Mic Night" at The Wolf.
At least 2 of our own will be bringing you some entertainment for the evening, plus the other people that have signed up. If anyone else wishes to sing, play an instrument, read some poetry or a short story, you are more than welcome to join in on the fun. Sign up starts at 6 and performances start at 7 pm. There is a $5 minimum food/drink. https://thewolfstl.com/calendar/ We all have a talent hidden away, enjoy an evening with an open heart and mind to those that wish to display their special talent. Get a few appetizers for your table to share, sit back, relax and enjoy.