addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts & Tesla Owners - St. Louis Message Board › Bloomington Supercharger Rumor

Bloomington Supercharger Rumor

Elizabeth G.
user 72282492
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 54
So my husband works with a guy who has a friend who is an electrician in Bloomington who said he lost a bid to do the work for the Tesla SuperCharger near Bloomington.

So if this is true then we will have a SuperCharger between St Louis and Chicago in the near future.
Lydia Scharon S.
user 72286422
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 14
To add more to this.. when I went up a couple of weeks ago, Ross F (store manager) up at the Oak Brook Tesla store said that there would be a supercharger on either side of Bloomington in the next couple of months! If that is the case, I want to take delivery in Chicago and drive my new baby home!

John V.
THX_TSLA
Belleville, IL
Post #: 30
Wow! Thanks guys for sharing the info! I wouldn't have expected it nearly that soon. I have a trip to Chicago planned for May, and I was already planning on stopping in Bloomington because I know they have a handful of public charging stations.

Btw, Bloomington makes a great Supercharger location for trips between St Louis and Chicago. Even 60kWh cars should be able to make the trip.
Jim M.
Jim__
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 22
I heard about this a number of months ago from a friend who is a dealer in Normal, IL. He wasn't positive they were Tesla Superchargers so I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up. This will be great. I will be able to stop for lunch with my friends in Normal while I charge up. It's ~170 miles from my house to Normal so I might need a little juice in Springfield.
Technically most of the chargers are in Normal. The Marriott has chargers for their guests in the valet parking area.
The public garage on College Ave was supposed to be getting some level II chargers. They already have 208 volt 30amp chargers.
Craig H.
chuegen
Bartelso, IL
Post #: 12
This is awesome news. Any rumors as to where it is specifically?

I imagine on I-55, but South or North of 74?
John V.
THX_TSLA
Belleville, IL
Post #: 45
Liz/Jim, I don't suppose you've heard anything new on this lately?
Jim M.
Jim__
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 46
Nothing yet. I'll FB my friend in Normal and see if he has an update.
Craig H.
chuegen
Bartelso, IL
Post #: 16
The rumor on the rumor I heard was that it was a negotiation with the state, so I'm guessing it might be at the big joint rest area south of Bloomington on I-55. I think there's also a split rest area (one on each side of the highway) on I-74 east, but that wouldn't make sense for the St. Louis-Chicago path.
Elizabeth G.
user 72282492
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 81
I am familiar with the rest area on 55 though it was closed when we went up north foor Xmas. Hopefully if they put it there the state will not close the rest stop in the future.
Jim M.
Jim__
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 47
That would actually suck in my opinion to have it at any rest stop. If that's the case I will buy a wall charger and install it at my friends house. He was all ready for the installation before Tesla announced the superchargers.