What we're about
At last! A grass-roots, people-powered, consolidated calendar of events, created specifically for the energy healing and conscious living community in Salem!
There are several important differences between this and most other Meetups. The most important difference is that ALL COMMUNITY MEMBERS CAN CREATE AND ANNOUNCE MEETUP EVENTS - completely without organizer approval.
You heard me right. EVERY SINGLE COMMUNITY MEMBER can post ANY EVENT, AT ANY TIME on the new Community Calendar, no organizer approval needed. You can announce your event to the entire community without approval as well, and will be notified of RSVPs and member comments and questions about your event.
Please take a look at past and present listings to get an idea of the format. Be sure to include date, location, cost (if any), and whether or not this is a repeating event. In addition to title and event description fields, you will find a drop down menu of choices that will help guide you through the process.
***Please note, you must join the Calendar page first before you can list events. Shortly after you have joined you will receive separate notification that you have become an Event Organizer. At this point you can post events and, as long as you list yourself as event host in the drop down listing, you will receive notification of all RSVPs, questions and comments.
Thank you so much for your participation!
TO LIST YOUR EVENT:
• 1. Join the community
• 2. Go to the 'Schedule a Meetup...' prompt (right under the "Welcome" greeting towards the top of the SAEACCC homepage).
• 3. Give your Meetup a name by filling out the 'Let's Meetup and...' field.
• 4. Describe your Meetup in the "More details..." field.
• 5. Fill in the "When" and "Where" fields (right below that).
• 6. To make further refinements, click on "Schedule this Meetup".
• 7. Your event now appears on the calendar, but it has not yet been announced to the community. Please do not choose the "announce" option until you have reviewed and completed your listing. To do so, click again on the "edit" tab toward the top of your listing (to the left and just under your event's name). This will expand your description field and offer other options to choose from.
• 8. Scroll down the page and click on options that are applicable to your event. There are quite a few. i.e. is your event repeating? how often? do you wish to have an automatic email sent to people who RSVP? if so, what would you like it to say? You needn't use all of these options. For instance if you are charging for your event, unless you are set up to take payment online, it is best to skip that entire prompt and simply note the fee (or that it is FREE) in the description. Please do make sure to click the "Who's Hosting this Meetup?" prompt, and check your name as the event host - and make sure my name is NOT checked. Doing so allows you, as opposed to me, to be notified when RSVPs and/or questions and comments come in.
• 9. When you are done, click "change details" (or "cancel changes") at the very bottom of the page.
• 10. NOW is a good time to choose "announce this event" (assuming you would like it announced, as opposed to merely listed). Should you wish to make event changes in the future, you may do so at any time using the same "edit" key, and making sure to click "change details" on the bottom of the page when you are done. These changes will appear immediately on the calendar. Please choose the "announce these changes to the community" prompt only if you feel it is essential to do so. Consider instead sending individual messages to members who have already signed up to attend, or have commented, or asked for information about the event.
**Please note: only events with a date selected will appear in the body of the calendar. Events without a date will appear in the 'Upcoming' Meetups' listing.
Once again, this is an unmoderated calendar. The goal is for ALL members to be able to reach the entire community. Please respect fellow members and use this resource responsibly. Help strengthen the Salem Area conscious living community by letting friends know of this resource, encouraging them to use it, and post relevant events. This is our community. Let's nurture and care for it .
I look forward to seeing you at an event soon!
Kristen Wilson, CADC, CHt http://www.empowermentguidance.com