When your software product can be purchased by any person, anywhere in the world, how — and, well, where — do you build the sales team to support it? In this session, Rachel Bates, SVP Sales and Marketing at recruiting SaaS startup Workable, discusses the data you need to make these decisions, and the skills you need to execute on them. She’ll pull deeply from her own experience growing a global Inside Sales team from 0 to 100 in 18 months, and share the valuable insights she’s learned along the way.
In this discussion, you'll learn:
- What to know before you start building a sales team
- Proven strategies and tools for hiring and training sales teams
- How to balance consistency with localization for a systematic yet personable sales approach
- Solutions for managing a complex sales organization
- How to reveal the stories your data is telling you
Rachel Bates, SVP Global Sales & Marketing at Workable has over 18 years of professional sales management experience creating and leading high performing sales teams. Her expertise lies in hiring, developing talent, and building positive team cultures that excel. When Rachel first started at Workable, she was tasked with massively scaling an international diverse sales team from 5 employees to 110.
She received her MBA from UMass Boston in 2011. In her free time she is with her two boys 10 and 7, Dylan and Leo. She has a personal goal of running a half marathon in every state and has completed 19 to date.