addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Antonio Skeptics Message Board › more "Nazca Lines" found

more "Nazca Lines" found

A former member
Post #: 100
No word yet on which planet these ancient architects were from. j/k!

Visible Only From Above, Mystifying 'Nazca Lines' Discovered in Mideast

Jack
Nice_Jack
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 390
These are quite different from the Nazca lines in South America though.

At first I was thinking of them as "practice sketches" or "beta tests" of whatever alien technology was used to create the Nazca lines. ;)

Now that I look at them closer, I wonder if they couldn't be the result of large bubbles forming in the lava that pushed some rocks around and then slowly deflated leaving patterns as the bubbles slowly collapsed. I admit they seem a bit too ordered for that but it's possible humans found them later and enhanced them. Some of them look more ordered than others but some of them look very organic to me.

Of particular interest is the one that has a string of circular patterns of decreasing size in a row. This basic shape could easily have been started by a jet of hot gas under a moving lava flow.

I curious to hear what the experts decide.
A former member
Post #: 101
I think once the scientists date these structures, they will have better hypotheses as to how they formed. From the article, they suggest they are only 2,000 years old. If the lava fields were not activate at that time, which I guess is the current thinking, then the structures are more likely to be man-made. That is to say, HUman-made.