addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Arduino Enthusiasts Message Board › Electronics Parts Suppliers

Electronics Parts Suppliers

Brian H.
bjhanifin
Santee, CA
Post #: 196
Here is the list of parts suppliers I have bookmarked. I have used many of these in my hunt for parts to repair my pinball and arcade machines in the past few years.

Local Parts Stores

• Radio Shack
    I just visited the Radio Shack in Santee and they have genuine Arduino UNO ($35), Arduino Mega ($65), Motor Control Shield ($35), Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, PIR Motion Sensor, and a decent selection of transistors, resistors, project boxes, breadboards, proto boards, etc. According to their website they have Arduino UNOs in stock at every Radio Shack in my area.
  • Fry's Electronics
    The Fry's in Kearney Mesa had OSEPP Arduino-compatible boards, a servo control shield, GPS Module, Ultrasonic Distance Sensor, a large selection of proto boards, breadboards, project boxes, and a good selection of components. Fry's has a fuller range of Arduino boards from the UNO, MEGA, to the TINY, and even a Bluetooth Arduino board.
  • Willy's Electronics - Kearney Mesa / National City
    While they don't have Arduino boards or shields, they have the many of the common components: resistors, transistors, diodes, bread/perf boards, project boxes, tools, power, switches, relays, wires, connectors, etc.
  • California Electronics - El Cajon
    [New & Used Products] They have a decent selection of both new and used components.
  • Murphy's Surplus - El Cajon
    [Used Products] This place is more for industrial surplus equipment. They dont' sell electronics parts, so you'd have to be looking for a device to tear apart and hack.

Search Multiple Online Suppliers

• Octopart
    An electronic parts search engine.
  • FindChips
    An electronic parts search engine.

Online Electronic Parts

I also have many sources for arcade and pinball buttons, trackballs, control sticks, and solenoids. If you don't find what you want on the above sites, ask me.
A former member
Post #: 3
I also like Mouser as an online retalier: http://www.mouser.com...­
Brian H.
bjhanifin
Santee, CA
Post #: 200
I just added Hacktronics as an online supplier. They are a small San Diego based Arduino supplier with good prices and I suspect very quick shipping. wink I asked them if they allow for local pickup and Mark McComb responded with the following:

Hi Brain,
At the moment we are only an "on-line" shop. We are hoping to be able to allow for local pick up in the future.

It is good to hear from local makers. I just signed up on your website, and will show up on the 28th to meet everyone.

I created a coupon for the group. You can send this out if you like. It is good for 10% off anything on the hacktronics.com website:

sdae-20120208

Thanks for organizing this group for San Diego makers!

Best,
Mark McComb

Dave D.
user 13514816
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
I generally go to Digi-key first; their prices are great, their shipping is fast, and their selection and search tools can't be beat. They even have mobile apps. If Digi-key doesn't have it, I go to Mouser next.

Also, check out octopart.com--it's a search engine for searching a bunch of online suppliers at once.
Brian H.
bjhanifin
Santee, CA
Post #: 201
Also, check out octopart.com--it's a search engine for searching a bunch of online suppliers at once.

Thanks Dave! I have always wanted a site like that! I need to add that to the arcade and pinball parts directories I maintain on CoinOpSpace.com.

Now I wonder if I could get them to setup an arcade and pinball parts version of their site... smile