addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Arduino Enthusiasts Message Board › Hardware Sources

Hardware Sources

Tony
tonybalsamo
San Diego, CA
Post #: 32
Just thought I'd share some of my hardware sources and experiences. Not sure if any of this is 'news' or just common knowledge.

The Robot Shop (www.robotshop.com) has some cool stuff but it takes a while to get here as they are in NY and their shipping is a little pricey. The thing is that they carry some stuff no one else does (like tracked chassis).

Pololu is in Las Vegas so stuff gets here quicker and shipping is (significantly) cheaper. They also sell chassis.

I've ordered stuff from Adafruit (www.adafruit.com) and Hacktronics (www.hacktronics.com) and have been satisfied with what I received. I think Hacktronics is in San Diego and Adafruit in NY.

The cool find this week for me is SainSmart (www.sainsmart.com) who also sells on eBay. I haven't receive my parts yet so I'm hoping that the quality is not poor. Shipping is usually free but you have to wait as it comes from China (literally) but I just ordered an Uno knockoff and an LCD shield for $27 including shipping.

I found some cool free simulators also but I haven't played with them much yet.

That's it for now...
Brian H.
bjhanifin
Santee, CA
Post #: 203
Thanks Tony. I have added these sources to the Electronics Parts Suppliers directory.

Let us know when you get your order from SainSmart, their prices look too good to be true. :-)