San Diego Data Science & R Users Group Message Board › Informatics Scientist job opening at Sequenom
San Diego, CA
The following is a job opening for an Informatics Scientist at Sequenom which may be of general interest. Please see below for details.
Consider the opportunities at SEQUENOM, a life sciences company committed to providing the best genetic analysis products that translate the results of genomic science into solutions for molecular diagnostics, biomedical research, translational research and molecular medicine applications. We value the contributions of our science leaders and their expertise in taking basic research to revolutionary solutions. Our employees are the building blocks of our success and are rewarded with excellent compensation, benefits and most importantly an environment where they are encouraged to innovate.
Come learn more about SEQUENOM and see what we have to offer.
Reporting to the Group Leader of Bioinformatics, the Informatics Scientist is responsible for analyzing sequencing data for non-invasive prenatal diagnostics. The Informatics Scientist will also develop algorithms and perform data mining for molecular biology experiments. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a collaborative research environment and be able to provide evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of presentations, software, technical publications, and/or knowledge of applications.
• Perform statistical and bioinformatic analyses of experimental data produced by MALDI-TOF MS, qPCR, Sequencing instruments
• Conduct data mining over internally produced and publicly available data sets
• Provide analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new products
• Master's degree required, PhD preferred in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 6 years work experience with at least 3 years in a biotechnology setting
• Proficient in biological sequence analysis and analysis of next-generation sequencing data
• Proven track record of proficiency in data analysis and statistical learning
• Strong knowledge of advanced supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
• Proficient with either R/S-PLUS (preferred) or Matlab
• Programming experience in C++, Java, Python or Perl and experience with databases and SQL highly desirable
To apply, please visit: http://www.sequenom.c...