addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Data Science & R Users Group Message Board › Available for DS-related work while I become a Data Scientist

Available for DS-related work while I become a Data Scientist

A former member
Post #: 6
While I'm studying Data Science through independent study, Coursera, and occasional Kaggle competition attempts, I'm looking for work either on projects related to DS. Or projects not related to DS - gotta pay the rent!

My expertise is in computer graphics, imaging, electronics, physics with industry experience in space science, high energy physics, automotive testing, medical devices and TV production. I would be interested in the use of Data Science or any portion of it to these fields, but this is not necessary as paying the rent comes first.

Software skills include C, C++, D, Python, Ruby (ack, getting rusty with this), IDL, Matlab, R, OpenGL, VTK, POV-Ray, basic skill at most web-related technologies (not a master yet), various source control tools, various build systems, numerical analysis, computational geometry, pixel-crunching, number-crunching, interfacing with hardware (low-level, like IO ports, timing diagrams, bit fiddling).