Needs a location
Pack Walks are a great way to create a structured socialization experience for your dogs.
If your dog needs help with impulse control or is reactive this will be beneficial to you. Or if your dog is balanced and you want to meet other dog people in San Diego and walk as a pack this is a great event for you.
EVENT INFO: We welcome all dogs.
However please note that this means dogs of different skill levels. Some dogs may be at the canine good citizen level and others are at the I need to learn social manners level.
The great thing is we are supportive of each other just and we respect where each of us are.
There are several access points to the Batiquitos Lagoon trail. Drive to the end of Gabbiano Lane in Carlsbad, and you’ll see a sign marking the start of the trail.
ADDRESS: 7380 Gabbiano Ln, Carlsbad, CA 92011
Batiquitos Lagoon Foundation
(FOR SOME REASON IT WOULD NOT LET ME PUT THE ADDRESS IN THE MEETUP LOCATION)
I will add a photo in the comments.
*For those that want to - we have another event we want to attend after the pack walk. I will post that information in the comments as well.
9:30am. Meet at the start of the trail.
We'll start off with a Short Leash Social to establish calm energy and sit/stand as a group
• We discourage nose-to-nose interactions - refrain from introducing dogs until AFTER the pack walk (we can provide a demo upon request)
• Only dogs who are up-to-date (UTD) on vaccines
• NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES are permitted
• For Dogs-In-Need-Of-Space (DINOS) if your dog is working on socialization, learning leash manners, has anxiety or a medical concern, please BE SAFE and do not interact with other dogs - find a PACK LEADER to borrow a ***yellow ribbon*** on your leash to signify your dog is a DINOS dog
• You must supply your own poops bags & water
9:45am - start walk
• Maintain enough space between dogs so they are walking as close as possible without them having impulses to smell each other. The goal is harmony and co-existence with space.
• We all walk at difference paces, but please DO NOT pass the Pack Walk Coordinator unless otherwise instructed.
• When a dog needs a water break we will all take a break together as a group, please do not pass others.
Our goal is to walk as a pack - close enough for positive interactions - far enough as needed if your dog is reactive. We want our dogs to have a safe and structured social experience.
Contact Hannah at [masked] if you are running late or cannot find the group.
SHARE THIS EVENT:
Repost, share, or create your own post to share this with your other San Diego furriends.