Pack Walks are a great way to create a structured socialization experience for your dogs.
If your dog needs help with impulse control or is reactive this will be beneficial to you. Or if your dog is balanced and you want to meet other dog people in San Diego and walk as a pack this is a great event for you.
EVENT INFO: We welcome all dogs.
However please note that this means dogs of different skill levels. Some dogs may be at the canine good citizen level and others are at the I need to learn social manners level.
The great thing is we are supportive of each other just and we respect where each of us are.
9:30 am meet in the courtyard area between Moniker General and Pigment.
We'll start off with a 10 to 15 minute Short Leash Social to establish calm energy and sit/stand as a group.
• We discourage nose-to-nose interactions - refrain from introducing dogs until AFTER the pack walk (we can provide a demo upon request)
• If your dog is vocal and likes to bark - please stand at the edge of the group so that he/she doesn't trigger other dogs. Also please walk at the back of the pack.
• Only dogs who are up-to-date (UTD) on rabies shot
• NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES are permitted
• For Dogs-In-Need-Of-Space (DINOS) if your dog is working on socialization, learning leash manners, has anxiety or a medical concern, please BE SAFE and do not interact with other dogs - find a PACK LEADER to borrow a ***yellow ribbon*** on your leash to signify your dog is a DINOS dog
• You must supply your own poops bags & water
9:45 am - start walk.
• Maintain enough space between dogs so they are walking as close as possible without them having impulses to smell each other. The goal is harmony and co-existence with space.
• We all walk at difference paces, but please DO NOT pass the Pack Walk Coordinator unless otherwise instructed.
• When a dog needs a water break we will all take a break together as a group, please do not pass others.
Our goal is to walk as a pack - close enough for positive interactions - far enough as needed if your dog is reactive. We want our dogs to have a safe and structured social experience.
Contact Hannah at [masked] if you are running late or cannot find the group.