What else do you want to know? A San Diego monthly feminist book group, run to it!
Let me go over some things that may have been covered elsewhere:
1) The meeting times and days change from month to month (We've been meeting on the 4th Tuesday of the month for a couple of months now, but that could change by popular vote at any time.)
2) Meetings usually run about two hours
3) The suggested donation of $4 is to pay for the Meetup page and support the space, no one will be turned away for not having the money. One hour volunteer shifts are also fine substitutes.
4) We do also consider ourselves a social group; we love new friends!
5) The group was originally founded with the hope of reading about activism and then doing it.
There are so many more things to say but I think that our Google group gives a good brief history.
Be sure to check it out to see what we've read and what events are scheduled for the month.
We also have a Goodreads.com group:
For a list of books we've discussed at past meetings go here:
For a list of books that have been suggested as future reads go here:
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About San Diego Feminist Book Group||August 28, 2013 10:47 AM||Christine|