7960 Silverton Ave Suite 125, San Diego, CA
Online Lecture & Local Class Details
If you are still taking pictures in ‘Auto’ or ‘Program’ mode then this class is designed with you in mind! Photography 102 is not only a great follow up from our previous course, Photography 101, but it will allow to become more comfortable with using the various functions in your camera. In the online lecture you will learn the what the different exposure modes are and why you want to use them. You will finally learn how shutter speed, apertureand ISO work together and so much more like white balance, metering, flash, etc. This class is perfect for people like you trying to get out of “Auto” mode and take control of their images and stop taking blurry or improperly exposed images.
Hands-on Learning Experience
It is one thing to soak in the information from the online lecture, but you know that you will need to practice what you learn to really master the concepts. In the local class with an expert instructor you will be walked through each lesson discussed in the online lecture and apply it to different subjects and scenarios. You will be challenged to learn quickly but have the comfort of the instructor by your side. You can expect to understand the following concepts after completing this class:
• Aperture and f-stops and how to use them in different situations to create blurry backgrounds and tack-sharp landscapes
• Shutter speed and how to stop and blur motion
• ISO in low light and bright situations, grainy vs. non-grainy
• The M, A, S, P, or Tv, Av modes on your camera and when to use which
• The various white balance settings and when to use them
• Using exposure compensation when not in manual mode
• Using metering in your camera to expose your images properly.
• The basics of your on-camera flash and when to use or not use it
This class is estimated to last 3 hours. This class is great for those who want a better understanding of their camera and want to learn how to control their settings rather than having the camera control them.
What to Bring:
• Digital SLRs or Manual Controlled Cameras. If your camera has a M or Manual mode on it then this class is will be perfect for you. If you are unsure, please consult your manual or contact us.
• Please bring your cameras (fully charged) and fresh memory cards.
• Pen & paper to take notes if you wish to do so.
This class is going to cover the essentials of mastering your camera. Ultimately, we want to get you away from “Auto” mode so you can start taking control over your camera settings and improve your images. Proceed with the registration below to reserve a spot for this class before it runs out.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.