‘Tis the Season to be Merry! Join Us to Celebrate this Holiday Season!
What is Required to Party?!
Please bring a potluck dish (one per couple is fine). Optionally, if you would like to participate in our White Elephant exchange bring a gift (couples will each need a gift).
What does in-santa! mean?
We encourage you to dress up in your best Santa, Elf, Ornament, Christmas Tree, Menorah, Dreidel, etc. outfit! I hear Alan Masarsky (https://twitter.com/AlanMasarsky) has something for this, tweet at him!
• Gifts cannot be living or perishable.
• The gift should be valued no more than $20.00
• The gift should be in new or good condition.
• The gift should be wrapped or in a gift bag.
• Gift certificates are okay.
1. Each guest who wishes to participate must contribute a gift.
2. On the first turn, the guest with paper slip #1 chooses a gift, opens it, and all admire it.
3. On the second turn, the guest with paper slip #2 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's) or choosing a wrapped one. If #2 steals #1's gift, then #1 must open a wrapped gift.
4. On the third turn, the guest with paper slip #3 gets the choice of "stealing" any unwrapped gift (#1's or #2's) or choosing a wrapped one.
The game continues based on the following:
1. If a gift is stolen from you, you can steal a gift (within limits, described below), or open a wrapped one.
2. The turn proceeds until a wrapped gift is chosen.
3. A gift cannot be immediately stolen back from the guest who just stole it.
4. The fourth "owner" of a gift gets to keep it. The gift is "dead" after it has been stolen three times.
5. "Owners" of "live" gifts must keep them visible and hold them up when requested.
6. The gift exchange ends when the last wrapped gift is opened. Usually, guests are encouraged to perpetuate the gift stealing as long as there are "live" gifts, but no one is obligated to do this.