Thanks to our sponsor, Google VR, this event is now FREE!
Want to learn how to get a job and break into the augmented and virtual reality industry? Or are you hiring for AR & VR roles? Join us for a panel talk from recruiters and key players in the AR & VR industry including Google VR (https://vr.google.com/cardboard/get-cardboard/), Blippar (https://blippar.com/en/careers/), Meta (https://www.metavision.com/join-meta), Autodesk (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=1060484&siteID=123112), IDEAbuilder (http://www.ideabuilderhomes.com/), High Fidelity (https://highfidelity.io/jobs), Visbit (http://www.visbit.co/), Unity (https://unity3d.com/jobs), and VR filmmaker Philipp Maas (http://sonar-360.com/team/philipp-maas-2/). Learn from these AR HMD makers, film makers, content and tool developers to talk about how to get into the industry. Then speak directly with those recruiters directly after the panel.
This event is for people of all backgrounds – technical, non-technical, artists, filmmakers, designers, product managers, journalists, and everyone else interested in getting a job in AR and VR.
We’ll discuss during the panel:
• What they look for when recruiting candidates for technical and non-technical roles?
• What are the majority of roles they are hiring for?
• Best way to get involved in the industry?
Announce what you are hiring for after the panel and then speak with candidates.
• Ryan Schmaltz: EVP of Product Development at Blippar (https://blippar.com/en/)
• Emily Donald: Hiring Manager at High Fidelity (https://www.highfidelity.io/)
• Ernie McGray: Hiring and HR Manger at Meta (https://www.metavision.com/)
• Elaine Lu: CEO and Co-founder of Visbit (http://www.visbit.co/)
• Damon Hernandez: Co-Founder and Director of Technology of IDEAbuilder (http://www.ideabuilderhomes.com/index.html)and Founder & Executive Director of AEC Hackathon (http://aechackathon.com/)
• Philipp Maas: VR Filmmaker with VR short film 'SONAR (http://sonar-360.com/team/philipp-maas-2/)' accepted at Sundance Film Festival
• Andrew Buck: Senior Software Engineer at Immersv (https://immersv.co/)
• Interested in having your company represented? Email [masked]
Additional companies recruiting at event:
• Multiple team members and recruiters from Google VR (https://vr.google.com/cardboard/get-cardboard/)
• Dioselin Gonzalez recruiting engineers for Unity Labs (https://labs.unity.com/)
• Multiple team members and recruiters from Autodesk (http://www.autodesk.com/) including Allessandra McGinnis (moderator)
6pm Doors Open
6:30-7:30pm Recruiter Panel and Q&A
7:30- 7:40 Other attendees can announce if they are hiring
8:30pm – Event ends
• Autodesk’s Gallery at One Market in downtown San Francisco, a 5 minute walk from the Ferry building.
• Autodesk’s Gallery is located on the second floor of the Landmark Tower in the One Market office building.
• Note: Please included your first and last name when signing up for this meetup because we need to give the list of attendees to Autodesk security at least 24 hours in advance of the meetup. Otherwise, it may take longer to check you in and delay your entrance.