San Francisco Bay Area Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas Message Board › GREAT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN CUPERTINO
San Francisco, CA
If anyone is looking for work, I do have openings for Australian language as a voice recognition QA test analyst in cupertino for a leading company. Any questions or inquiries - please feel free to email me at email@example.com for more information.
At Welocalize we are passionate about what we do. We have built a great company known for its creative people, true commitment to excellence, loyal customers, and an incredible growth story in the On Demand Translation space. We truly believe that we have accomplished so much thanks to the people we employ and partner with. If you think differently, are naturally creative, enjoy challenge, and want to be in an environment where your talent and skills can be used to really achieve something, then come join us, you are the people we're looking for...
Work Location: Cupertino, CA (A leading IT company)
Project Duration: 6 months+
Hours: 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday
Expected starting date: As soon as possible
Pay: $16-20 per hour depends on qualification and experience
Each tester will have a sufficient level of English proficiency to communicate with the team to drive the feature testing, follow written instructions, write bugs clearly and concisely, and provide weekly written feedback on work performed. You will need to make sure that the system can understand not just basic commands, but also the colloquialisms that are common to human speech in multiple languages and variants.
1. Speech Recognition
• Does the system recognize the query?
• Does the system recognize different accents?
2. Natural Language understanding:
• The main goal of this testing is to ensure that the system understands each user query in as many different ways as possible and acts accordingly.
• Every query in every domain can be executed in multiple different ways.
• Are colloquialisms understood and handled appropriately?
3. Plug-ins functionality (flow/service/action)
• In order to test all possible combinations we will need to make sure every query does the right thing with each specific plug-in.
4. Dialog output or snippet
• We want to ensure we are getting meaningful dialogs back for all queries.
• Is the result meaningful to your query?
• Is the result (text feedback) grammatically correct?
• Do the results match your expectations and provide a good user experience?
• Do the results match cultural expectations?
Native level knowledge of English Australian
Excellent in grammar, punctuation and style in both Australian and English
Consider yourself as tech-savvy
Good knowledge with spreadsheets
Able to work for any employer in the US without Visa Sponsorship or living accommodation
Both PC and Mac experience
Voice/speech recognition testing experiences
QA testing experiences
Highly committed individual; excellent communication, organizational, and fault finding skills; able to perform within a pressurized work environment; both flexible and responsible; has a critical eye and detail oriented work ethic.
Edited by diana duong on Feb 7, 2013 3:29 PM