Speaker: Mark Gschwind, VP of Business Information Architecture at AMB Property Corporation
Mark will tell us how data is managed for one of the largest Industrial REITs in the world. AMB serves approximately 2,600 customers in 48 markets in 15 countries with a portfolio of 156 million square feet. The data warehouse at AMB:
• Consolidates 4 GL systems, one forecasting system and 2 MDM systems
• Has near-real time latency for both fact tables and slowly-changing dimension tables
• Produces facts as well as dimension
• Has a Data Quality system that pushes out data validity checks to users via email
• Utilizes Analysis Services and Business Objects front ends
You will learn:How AMB created a near-real-time data environment for a DW and OLAP platform that integrates 4 ERP's and one forecasting system.
How Mark and his team approached the challenges of DW data quality with a unique application that pushes out alerts to users.
How AMB leverages SQL Server 2008 R2 Master Data Services to enforce workflow, data quality and SOX compliance.
About the data environment of the real estate industry which is not transactionally intensive, but is highly time-changeable.
Mark Gschwind is Vice President of Business Information Architecture at AMB Property Corp (http://www.amb.com/), one of the largest Industrial REITs in the world. He oversees a team working on data warehousing, OLAP and an ERP migration. He has authored three enterprise data warehouses and over 80 OLAP cubes for 46 clients in a wide range of industries. He has certifications in SQL Server and Oracle Essbase.