Location visible to members
Venue change! We are now meeting at Geekdom: https://www.google.com/maps/place/620+Folsom+Stemail@example.com,-122.3975806,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x8085807c44912c69:0xa95771345c6d698e?hl=en
The address is 620 Folsom St.
Welcome to the first SF Bitcoin Meetup Expo!
This month, we're switching things up a little as an opportunity to experiment with a different format to showcase a variety of concepts and companies! We're replacing the speakers with booths and announcements with a physical bulletin board/table so bring those flyers!
• Paper wallets workshop: Why cold storage? - Step by step process of creating a paper wallet at home (Been meaning to set up a paper wallet for better Bitcoin security but never got around to it or know others in this position? Good opportunity to learn!)
• Basic Bitcoin workshop: Why bitcoin? - Setting up wallets and making transactions walk-through (Bring your friends/co-workers/family who are just getting into Bitcoin!! We want this to be a comfortable opportunity for people to learn and ask questions.)
• Bitcoin Not Bombs/ShinyBadges.com booth: Lots of experience with Bitcoin-based charities and amazing self-designed Bitcoin merchandise (You know those awesome Bitcoin lapel pins everyone seems to have? Buy them and support Bitcoin Not Bombs charity campaigns.) http://www.bitcoinnotbombs.com/
• Lamassu ATM machine: buy Bitcoins with fiat! (Perfect for supporting the vendors, workshops and meetup in bitcoin!) https://lamassu.is/
• It's Time For Plan B booth: awesome t-shirts and more! http://timeforplanb.org/
• Buyer's Best Friend booth: BBF is the leading source for innovative specialty and artisan products, starting in food. Huge bitcoin supporters! http://www.bbfdirect.com/
As always there will be beer, soda and bartenders so bring your ID if you look young.
Feedback always welcome! Interested in vending, speaking or volunteering at this event or another? Contact Paige or Isabelle!
SF Bitcoin member donation address: 1MTowWzie5P3AWeFia1TVuquNHKvZ552sS
As always, thanks to Coinbase and 20Mission for the support!