Our upcoming meet-up will create the chance for educators and local children’s book authors and illustrators to meet and explore possibilities for these artists to read their stories in school classrooms/libraries.
Local authors and illustrators will present their books and there will be an opportunity to talk about and plan school visits.
Every author will have about 5-10 minutes (depending on attendance) to briefly read/present his/her book(s) and talk about school visits (age group, presentation, activities, cost, etc.). A projector and laptop will be at your disposal if necessary.
Authors are encouraged to bring a short document summarizing their presentation to hand out to teachers (please bring your own copies). Feel free to bring copies of your book too - if they are not at the bookstore.
The document could include:
- Book(s) cover page and back cover
- Age group or school grades
- Author’s name, website, contact information, event. short bio
- School visits: presentation, activities, cost, duration
- Other: Authors, illustrators, teachers, librarians, and interested school community members are encouraged to attend.
RSVP and indicate the school grade levels you represent.
Light refreshments and a 40% discount on books at Charlie’s Corner will be provided during the event!
Thank you very much for considering taking part in this meet-up and for spreading the word.